Thursday, March 16, 2006

My Name is Addictive...and I'm an Alcoholic!!

OK...last night, I realized that I'm an alcoholic. Of course, I've had this epiphany at least 17 times before...last night being the latest.

So, after step practice (yep, you read right...the kid is out of retirement, for just a little while), we decided to stop at the local watering hole for a drink. Now, mind you, we only planned on spending about 30 minutes there and then leaving. We get there at around 10:30...and said we'd leave by 11:00. Well, 4 bourbon and ginger ales, 1 bourbon and Coke, 2 Tuaca shots, and a basket of chicken fingers later...we finally left. (And, yes, that is the amount of alcohol I drank by myself. Everyone else had 2 more drinks more than me. Lushes, I tell ya...lushes!) Of course, by then it was 12:30. The sad part is that I was only slightly buzzed, and for the most part, really not feeling it. (though, I can't say that for some of the other folk.)

I know... I know... I'm an alcoholic!!

No comments: