Sunday, September 03, 2006

Cookout Hopping

So, yesterday my friend and I went cookout hopping....that is, we went to three different cookouts in one day...you know...to socialize, catch up with friends...and most important, EAT!! So, at the first barbecue at one of boy's house...they were playing Beirut aka Beer Pong. They had the table set up outside. I, having the table set up before, but never seeing it played, sat there at watched and was completely disgusted. I mean, that has to be the most unsanitary game I have ever seen in my life. And, despite the fact that you "rinse" of the ping pong in water before you toss it in someone's cup, that shit still is unsanitary. I mean, you pick up the ball...and then toss it into someone's beer, who then proceeds to drink it. I mean, what if you scratch yourself AFTER taking the ball out of the water and then toss it in someone's drink. That would be nasty as hell. Anyways...that wasn't the only unsanitary thing going on. OK...so there was of course hambergers and chicken on the grill. And, any normal...regular...sane person would know that you are not supposed to use the same utensils. But, clearly...someone didn't get the memo! The dude on the grill was using the same tongs to pick up the hamburgers as he was the RAW CHICKEN. I mean, can we SCREAM SALMONELLA??!! Needless to say, I didn't eat at that cookout.

Next cookout was wayyy out in West Hell! For real, though, we made a wrong turn, and I'll be damned if we didn't end up in Silent Hill. We thought our life was over! Anyways, we finally found way to the cookout....mind you it's like 9:00 p.m. Family cookout...I knew nobody...it was the friend of my friend...and she had seen her friend in like a year. Of course, we get there and see all this food and they are like...go fix yourself a plate. I, of course, don't eat everyone's food...but their house seemed clean...and they all had their eyes on me, so I fixed a plate. I was actually happy, though, b/c by this time, I was hungry as hell. So, I fix a turkey burger, some mac and cheese, and green beans. I'm thinking...these are three things that you just can't mess up. Survey says.....BOMMMM!!! The turkey burger was good...but the mac and green beans were a hot mess!! I mean, like...how can mess up green beans? What made it so bad is that is looked like it was going to be so good...I mean, the beans had the smoked turkey in it and all. But, womp womp womp...no seasoning what so ever...it was like they just opened up the damn can and warmed them bitches up in the microwave...then put the smoked turkey on top as a decoration. And, let me not even start on the mac and cheese. Just plain disappointed.

Third cookout....the best one of the day! Great food...great company...great games...hand dancing...spades...couldn't ask for anything better...and of course, we stayed until like 2 a.m. LOL!

No comments: