Wednesday, October 11, 2006

MTV is the Devil

OK...so yeah...I watch MTV from time to time. But, I'm going to try to curb that...because...MTV IS THE DEVIL.

Where is this coming from? Well, I find it absolutely hypocritical and discriminatory that MTV has put Justin Timberlake on a platform; and stepped on Janet's back. If I'm not mistaken, they BOTH contribute to Boobgate. But, it seems that MTV quickly forgave Justin and still hate Janet. Has anyone noticed that Janet's videos are no longer played on MTV? Yeah...MTV's first IDOL gets no airplay. And her record sales are an indication of how powerful MTV is. Justin debuted at #1 selling way over 600000 copies. Janet debuted at #2, selling just under 300000 copies. Justin went platinum in 2 weeks. Janet sales dropped over 70% the second week. As we live in the age of music video, your record sales don't depend solely on radio play. Television exposure is also a large part of the equation...and MTV is a large part of that equation. Thus, Janet gets no love.

I haven't even heard Janet's entire album yet. Maybe it is that her album isn't good. I find that hard to believe. Or maybe Justin's album is just that much better. (it is in extra heavy rotation on my end). But, I think the sales correlate to the fact that MTV has given him the spotlight and shunned her...despite the fact that HE was the one that disrobed her nipple. No justice for Janet.

No comments: