Monday, October 10, 2011

Columbus Day

So...apparently...today is a holiday.

Clearly, I didn't get that memo, and neither did the powers that be at my firm.

All day yesterday, folks are trying to get me to go out and do this and that because "we don't have to go to work tomorrow." Newsflash: I do...and every time that you remind me of such, I want to punch you in the eye.

And, what makes it even worse is that instead of taking the Metro, as usual, I decided to drive because all of the parking restrictions are lifted today. And, I'm like...why not just drive and park at the meters in front of the building since it's free?

Yeah...soooo...what I didn't think about this morning is that the folks that are like me and had to work today had the same idea. I get to the building and drive around for a good 15 minutes looking for a park. No dice. Finally, I end up just parking in the garage because I was over looking for a street park. So, now...not only am I at work when many of my friends are not -- I also have to pay $20 at the end of the damn day to get my car out of the garage. #losing

And, let's not mention how beautiful it is outside today.

Hmph! Yep, I'm in a mood.

No comments: