Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Business Travelling

OK...so I was hype about going on my first overnight business trip of my internship after being employed here for 2 whole years!

Now...I'm over it!

First of all, I'm in HARRISBURG, PA! Womp, womp, womp!

Second, I'm with one of my co-workers that isn't wrapped to tight. Now, I let him drive b/c I knew I had stuff to do...and I knew that I had a hangover from last night and wanted to go to sleep. Do you know that it took us 15 minutes to get from our job to the Beltway...a trip that literally should take 5 minutes. And, it wasn't b/c there was traffic. It was b/c he was determined to use his portable GPS system...and when he made a wrong turn...instead of following it...he went all the way down Georgia to Walter Reed (mind you, we work in downtown Silver Spring) to take Alaska to 16th street...to go north back to Silver Spring...then took 16th all the way to Connecticut to get on the Beltway. I was like...where in the holy HELL is he going? And, what made it so bad is that he was complaining about other drivers...when he almost killed us b/c he almost missed the I-95 exit off of the Beltway. So, here we go zooming through 4 lanes of traffic to make the exit. Mind you...if he would have just been listening to his GPS system, he would have been in the correct lane. Dumb ass!! At this point, I decide it's time for me to go to sleep.

Then, I wake up..and we are in Harrisburg...and again, instead of just using the Mapquest directions that I pulled up, he was pressed to listen to his GPS system..and lo and behold, he doesn't listen again and misses a turn. Again, I say, DUMB ASS!!

We finally make it to the hotel...and he's like, what time do you want dinner? Is 7 to late? I don't care...cause now I'm like, I really don't feel like sitting at dinner and talking to these two. (another guy was with us that I just met today). But, we went...and then it was back to the hotel. Praise GOD that I have my own room b/c I KNOW that he would have been irking my damn nerve.

Let's just say that tomorrow will be a long day.

Note to Self: From now on, DO NOT not volunteer your ass to go on overnight trips with certain folks.

Thanks.

The Management.

No comments: