Monday, May 22, 2006

Emotional Rollercoaster

This weekend has been one of the most memorable and emotional weekends of my life. It was the culmination of over three years (four counting LSATS and applications) of my life. It was the end of one season and the beginning of another. And I find myself sitting here at the computer this early because of my inability to go to sleep. I can't sleep because when I close of my eyes I can see the faces of the people that have become my family for the last three years. I remember the first time that I met each and every one of them...I remember all of the struggles that we went through to get to that point yesterday when they called our names...each one as new attorneys at law. I see there faces and I am so happy and proud of them for persevering...for making it! At the same time, I shed tears...not because I am sad that law school is over...but because I realize that though we will always be friends, things will never be the same. I shed tears because some of those people that have become my brothers and my sisters are at this very moment getting on planes or in cars to drive away from the District to distant places. Never again will each of us a Top Shelf away (lol). And, saying goodbye...or so long...or see you later...is such a hard thing to do in situations where the people that parting are such a large part of your life. So, I shed tears both of joy and of sadness...but knowing that I am so blessed to have had and blessed to continuously have each and everyone of them in my life...whether near or far!

No comments: