Thursday, December 22, 2005

Blessed and Stressed

Today was the day that I got an official offer from the firm where I summered. I should be happy, right?

Well, I must say that I am blessed because there is a firm that wants me...and there are quite of few of my friends who have yet to get any offers....but at the same time, I'm stressed. I'm stressed b/c the job is in Orlando...and

I clearly do NOT want to live in Orlando. At the same time, do I have any job offers in cities where I do want to live? NO! Not yet, at least. I'm also stressed b/c I feel like the offer was too low. Call me spoiled, but after 3 years of law school hell, I feel as though I deserve to be "handsomely rewarded." So, if I don't get selected for a clerkship, I want to be making much more than what I was offered. But, I guess, it IS a medium sized firm...and it IS in Orlando of all places...so I can't be expecting to make six figures. But, that's what I want...or damn near close to it!

There are too many buts....and being "end of the semester" broke isn't helping the situation, either.

The more I think about it...the more my head hurts...

So, I'll try not to think about it.

No comments: